KNOW YOUR & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ever found yourself wondering exactly where your role stops and the boards begins?
- Could you be personally liable for breaches of the law by your company?
- Do you have a solid understanding of compliance, insurance and IR?
- What are the questions you should be asking your CFO?
CEO Tasmania is delighted to announce our Master Class for CEOs. Governance – Know Your Roles and Responsibilities. This course is designed for you the leader in business. It will be delivered in a concise, outcome driven and highly productive manner. No reams of paper to read, no tests to sit rather hands on instruction and panel discussions from experts in the areas that really matter to you.
The CEO and the Board share responsibility for leadership but they fulfill this responsibility in different ways. Understanding the responsibilities and roles of board members and the CEO is fundamental to the principles of good governance. How confident are you in these matters?
The CEO’s role
- Human resource management
- Financial and physical resources management
- Providing a link between the staff and the Board
- Representing the organisation
- Setting standards
- Articulating the vision
The Board’s Role
- Strategic Direction
- Overseeing the CEO
Who does what?
- Leadership, Management and Strategy
- Compliance and Performance
And when it doesn’t work – what can derail the relationship and more importantly – how to manage it?
Presentation and Q&A Session with two Expert and current Chairs – ‘What we want from our CEO – reporting and performance’
Andrew Heap Kathryn Thomas
Chair Tasmanian Chamber of commerce & Industry Chair Tasmanian Skills Institute
Date: November 14 2013
Time: 8.30 for 8.45 start – 1.00pm finish.
Venue: Roberts Board Room
The Old Woolstore, 1 Macquarie Street, Hobart
Refreshments will be served.
Investment: Affiliates: $295 plus GST Non Affiliates:$395 Plus GST
- You will be learning from the foremost Subject Matter expert on governance Michelle Swallow from Leadership & Change Consultants
- Interact with your peers and share your story
- You will participate in a valuable learning experience designed to have minimal disruption to you and your workplace
- Hear from two of Tasmania’s high profile chairs
There are limited seats available, so please register today at firstname.lastname@example.org
Master Classes are driven out of the discussion that takes place in CEO Tasmania business forums. They are purposely short and designed for very small groups. This is to enhance the learning opportunity provided and is in keeping with our philosophy to guard the privacy of all concerned.